A problematic garage door in Denver and beyond can cause a host of problems — from water leaks to security concerns. Here are a few of the most common garage door-related problems and some inexpensive ways to fix them. Be sure to give your garage door a visual and mechanical inspection at least every six months. Look for tracks that are clean without oil build up. Make sure the sensor is aligned with the reflector to make sure the door stops while the door is closing. Lastly, look over the chain or steal line to make sure there are no fissures. Looking over these few items can ensure that the your garage door smoothly for a long time.
lsup_random_header_2]Top reasons why you need garage door repair. This is part of a continuing series.
10. The Tension spring or cables are broken
Garage doors have tension springs and cables that help to slowly and safely lower your door while closing. If these tension springs or cables break, you might find that your garage door closes really fast, often with a loud bang when it hits the ground. This is very dangerous as there is nothing preventing the garage door from crushing something that might be below it. It’s best to call a garage door professional as soon as you can to have them come out and repair these cables or springs.
Once the springs break, quite a bit of tension is put on the door cables, and they will often break next. When these cables break, they will snap and forcibly fly out like a broken rubber band. Think about how much it hurts to be snapped by a broken rubber band, and then multiply it by a hundred to account for the size and weight of the garage door cables.
Refrain from parking your car in the garage until the garage door is repaired. Additionally, try not to open and close the door while it’s in this condition. With that amount of possible force coming from the springs or cables, they could potentially damage your vehicle or other property in the garage as well as cause serious injury. It’s especially important that you and your family stay away from these cables or springs until everything is repaired.
In [post_name] Call the best in garage door serviceTop reasons why you need garage door repair. This is part of a continuing series.
9. The Door was manually locked
If your garage door doesn’t open, but the opener motor runs for just a few seconds and then shuts off, the garage door itself may have manually been locked. If you’ve checked the door springs and the track for obstacles, and those things appear to be fine, check to see if the lock on the door is engaged.
double garage door
Quite a few garage doors come with manual locks, especially older models, for added security for your house. These typically look like a knob or handle in the middle of your door with two bars running horizontally from each side. There may be a small button on the top or side of the handle that you can press to slide the bars across the doors, thus locking the garage door from the inside. It can be somewhat easy to accidentally hit that button, especially if you’re getting large objects out of the trunk of your car near the door.
To manually unlock your garage door, simply turn the handle until you hear a clicking sound. This will move the horizontal bars away from the edges and secure the handle in the open position.
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Denver
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in Aurora
- Emergency Garage Door Repair in Lakewood
- Replace Garage Door Spring in Littleton
- Garage Door Spring Replacement in Centennial
- Overhead Garage Door Springs in Lone Tree
- Garage Door Spring Repair in Parker
- Install Garage Door Opener in Castle Pines
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in The Pnery
- Install Garage Door Opener in Indian Hills
- Replace Garage Door Spring in Evergreen
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Morrison
- Install Garage Door Opener in Genesee
- Garage Door Opener Installation in Golden
- Garage Door Fix in Superior
- Garage Door Fixer in Boulder
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Louisville
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in Lafayette
- Garage Door Installation in Erie
- 24 Hour Garage Door Repair in Dacona
- Overhead Door Repair in Fort Lupton
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in Henderson
- Same Day Garage Door Repair in Thornton
- Torsion Spring Garage Door in Westminster
- Garage Door Fixer in Arvada
- Garage Door Repair in Longmont
- Overhead Door Repair in Hygiene
- 24 Hour Garage Door Repair in Brighton
- Install Garage Door Opener in Lochbuie
- Garage Door Spring Replacement in Keenesburg
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Kiowa
- Garage Door Spring Repair in
- Replace Garage Door Spring in