A problematic garage door in Denver and beyond can cause a host of problems — from water leaks to security concerns. Here are a few of the most common garage door-related problems and some inexpensive ways to fix them. Be sure to give your garage door a visual and mechanical inspection at least every six months. Look for tracks that are clean without oil build up. Make sure the sensor is aligned with the reflector to make sure the door stops while the door is closing. Lastly, look over the chain or steal line to make sure there are no fissures. Looking over these few items can ensure that the your garage door smoothly for a long time.
lsup_random_header_2]Top reasons why you need garage door repair. This is part of a continuing series.
6. Your springs are broken
If you are looking for a garage door fixer first check to see if your remote needs it's batteries replaced. If your garage door all of sudden won’t go up and you’re sure the transmitters are working properly and power is getting to the motor, then you may have broken torsion springs.
garage door springs
If you happen to be home when these break, you’ll hear a loud bang from inside your garage. This bang can be so loud that some people might think a firecracker went off inside their garage. That’s because garage doors can be very heavy and despite what most people think, it’s not the garage door opener that does the heavy lifting, but rather the heavy-duty springs of the door.
Doors come with one or two torsion springs. If either spring is broken, the garage door opener may struggle to lift the weight of the door or fail to open the door at all. If a spring is broken, call a professional for service as these can be very dangerous to work with. Don’t try to open the door until a professional comes to inspect it and replace the springs. Springs can only be used for a certain number of open and close cycles, and over time they will eventually break and need replacing.
In [post_name] Call the best in garage door serviceTop reasons why you need garage door repair. This is part of a continuing series.
3. The Track Is NOT Aligned Properly
Emergency garage door repair may be needed if your garage door track is out of alignment and you n, it can be a serious issue. The metal track your door runs on needs to be aligned properly in order for your door to move. If you see gaps between the rollers and rail, or bends in the rails themselves, you have a problem. The heavy weight of the door can compound these issues and make them worse until it becomes dangerous to operate your door.
If the track is misaligned, but the door still moves, there are a few things you can do to attempt to remedy the issue on your own. You’ll know that it’s misaligned if you hear a rubbing noise when the garage door reaches a certain spot on the tracks each time it opens and closes. Sometimes the door may even slow down slightly when it hits this spot.
To realign the track, first loosen the screws that hold the track to the frame. Then, gently tap the track with a rubber mallet to move it back into the proper position. Use a level to ensure it’s perfectly straight. Once you have the alignment correct, tighten the screws securely to ensure the track won’t move and cause more issues when opening your garage door. You’ll need to repeat this same process on the other tracks as well, as these may also be out of alignment.
If the door won’t move at all because of an alignment issue, then this problem isn’t one that you should try to tackle yourself. A garage door professional will have the necessary equipment needed to safely realign and repair your garage door. Additionally, if the track misalignment is beyond repair, a professional can install a new garage door track for you.
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Denver
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in Aurora
- Emergency Garage Door Repair in Lakewood
- Replace Garage Door Spring in Littleton
- Garage Door Spring Replacement in Centennial
- Overhead Garage Door Springs in Lone Tree
- Garage Door Spring Repair in Parker
- Install Garage Door Opener in Castle Pines
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in The Pnery
- Install Garage Door Opener in Indian Hills
- Replace Garage Door Spring in Evergreen
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Morrison
- Install Garage Door Opener in Genesee
- Garage Door Opener Installation in Golden
- Garage Door Fix in Superior
- Garage Door Fixer in Boulder
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Louisville
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in Lafayette
- Garage Door Installation in Erie
- 24 Hour Garage Door Repair in Dacona
- Overhead Door Repair in Fort Lupton
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in Henderson
- Same Day Garage Door Repair in Thornton
- Torsion Spring Garage Door in Westminster
- Garage Door Fixer in Arvada
- Garage Door Repair in Longmont
- Overhead Door Repair in Hygiene
- 24 Hour Garage Door Repair in Brighton
- Install Garage Door Opener in Lochbuie
- Garage Door Spring Replacement in Keenesburg
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Kiowa
- Garage Door Spring Repair in
- Replace Garage Door Spring in