A problematic garage door in Denver and beyond can cause a host of problems — from water leaks to security concerns. Here are a few of the most common garage door-related problems and some inexpensive ways to fix them. Be sure to give your garage door a visual and mechanical inspection at least every six months. Look for tracks that are clean without oil build up. Make sure the sensor is aligned with the reflector to make sure the door stops while the door is closing. Lastly, look over the chain or steal line to make sure there are no fissures. Looking over these few items can ensure that the your garage door smoothly for a long time.
lsup_random_header_2]Top reasons why you need garage door repair. This is part of a continuing series.
8. The disconnect switch was enabled
If you can hear your garage door motor running for what seems like the full amount of time it normally would take to open or close the door, but the door doesn’t move, chances are the disconnect switch has been enabled. Every garage door opener comes with a disconnect switch in case you lose power. This allows you to open or close the door manually so your car isn’t stuck in the garage until the power comes back on.
This switch is usually attached to a rope that can be pulled or a knob that can be turned to disconnect. Sometimes, this switch can accidentally come unhooked causing the door to be disconnected from the motor.
However, if you lose power and use the disconnect switch, you’ll need to reattach it to use your garage door motor to open and close your door again. Open the door all the way and then reattach this hook. Then try opening or closing the door again with your transmitter, and you should be all set. It will be easiest to reattach this hook when your car is not in the garage, as you’ll need to place a step ladder underneath the motor to reach it.
In [post_name] Call the best in garage door serviceTop reasons why you need garage door repair. This is part of a continuing series.
6. Your springs are broken
If you are looking for a garage door fixer first check to see if your remote needs it's batteries replaced. If your garage door all of sudden won’t go up and you’re sure the transmitters are working properly and power is getting to the motor, then you may have broken torsion springs.
garage door springs
If you happen to be home when these break, you’ll hear a loud bang from inside your garage. This bang can be so loud that some people might think a firecracker went off inside their garage. That’s because garage doors can be very heavy and despite what most people think, it’s not the garage door opener that does the heavy lifting, but rather the heavy-duty springs of the door.
Doors come with one or two torsion springs. If either spring is broken, the garage door opener may struggle to lift the weight of the door or fail to open the door at all. If a spring is broken, call a professional for service as these can be very dangerous to work with. Don’t try to open the door until a professional comes to inspect it and replace the springs. Springs can only be used for a certain number of open and close cycles, and over time they will eventually break and need replacing.
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Denver
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in Aurora
- Emergency Garage Door Repair in Lakewood
- Replace Garage Door Spring in Littleton
- Garage Door Spring Replacement in Centennial
- Overhead Garage Door Springs in Lone Tree
- Garage Door Spring Repair in Parker
- Install Garage Door Opener in Castle Pines
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in The Pnery
- Install Garage Door Opener in Indian Hills
- Replace Garage Door Spring in Evergreen
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Morrison
- Install Garage Door Opener in Genesee
- Garage Door Opener Installation in Golden
- Garage Door Fix in Superior
- Garage Door Fixer in Boulder
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Louisville
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in Lafayette
- Garage Door Installation in Erie
- 24 Hour Garage Door Repair in Dacona
- Overhead Door Repair in Fort Lupton
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in Henderson
- Same Day Garage Door Repair in Thornton
- Torsion Spring Garage Door in Westminster
- Garage Door Fixer in Arvada
- Garage Door Repair in Longmont
- Overhead Door Repair in Hygiene
- 24 Hour Garage Door Repair in Brighton
- Install Garage Door Opener in Lochbuie
- Garage Door Spring Replacement in Keenesburg
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Kiowa
- Garage Door Spring Repair in
- Replace Garage Door Spring in